Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Day 27 -- Desperately Seeking Soda . . . Again

I headed to WalMart this morning to stock up on my favorite soft drink/flavored water -- ICE.  I've found that keeping a few soda-like products in the fridge breaks up the tedium of drinking iced green tea and these sugar-free beverages taste so good that they satisfy my sweet tooth with just a few sips.

Much to my dismay, my favorite was nowhere to be found.  In it's place I found this -- Clear American flavored water.  It comes in eighteen flavors -- Wild Cherry, Apple Pear, Cranberry Grape, Grape, Kiwi Strawberry, Lemon, Key Lime, Tangerine Lime, Melon, Mandarin Orange, Peach, Pineapple Coconut, Pom Blue Acai, Raspberry Apple, Raspberry Blackberry, Raspberry, Strawberry and Black Cherry.  I was doubtful that anything could taste as good as ICE.  And again, I was wrong.



These sparkling sodas are just as intensely flavored, but are not colored, so I would assume they don't have any artificial coloring.  They have no calories, no sodium, no caffiene, no sugar.  They do contain aspartame, so you'll have to decide whether artificial sweeteners are a deal-breaker.  But the very best thing about my new favorite drink is that it comes in a bottle twice the size of ICE for the same price!  The liter bottles (34 oz.) of Clear American were 99 cents at Walmart, the same price as a 17 oz. bottle of ICE.  A great price for a great alternative to soda.

No comments:

Post a Comment