Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Day 222 -- Oh, My!

I usually try to be as honest as I can on this blog.  It's like a journal of sorts.  But I'm really reluctant to write about the events of Tuesday, August 5th.  I've fallen off the wagon before, but this was a complete diet disaster.  I suppose I should try to explain and rationalize it, but let's just say that the next time I work for 24 hours straight, I need to make sure I have healthy food in the house.

I was working under a pretty intense deadline for work and over the course of four days, I was working 18 hour days to finish.  I jumped off the diet to enjoy a pizza, thinking that would give me the energy to complete the project.  And it was good.  But then, once I finished the project, I was on my way to Starbucks to get my iced green tea latte and I made a little detour to Perkins.



I had a deep-fried shrimp, and mac and cheese and corn for my two sides  I followed that up with a slice of peanut butter silk pie.  Yes, it was bad.  In fact, it was worse because it wasn't even good food.  If I was going cheat, I should have at least had something really great to eat.  So, I left the restaurant feeling guilty and stupid.



Then, my friend L. called and asked if I wanted to meet her for dinner.  I decided to go, thinking I'd just have a drink and maybe a salad so I suggested Texas Roadhouse, knowing that there probably wouldn't be anything on the menu to eat.  Well, this place was set up to tempt even the most dedicated dieter.  They started by dropping off a bucket of salted peanuts.  Then we order margaritas (which were excellent, I might add).  And then, I decided, what the hell, I'll order dinner.  So I ordered the dinner I should have had in the first place -- grilled shrimp, a baked potato with sour cream and butter (soooo yummy) and a salad with french and bleu cheese dressing.

The toll for this little trip into gluttony -- 2+ pounds on the scale.  So, it's right back to eating healthy again.  But this time with the knowledge that it is so easy to fall back into old habits.  I have no idea how long it will take before my mind will be able to say "No!" in a case like this.  I'm sure I'll find out along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment