Saturday, August 10, 2013

Day 227 -- A Whole Lotta Tomatoes

My father always plants a lot of tomatoes in his garden, so about this time of year, everyone around him gets inundated with fresh tomatoes.  Since BLTs are out this year, as is a Caprese Salad (with fresh mozz), I've been looking for some good recipes.  I love roasting fresh tomatoes and one of my favorite dishes is the Roasted Artichokes, Leeks and Tomatoes over Warm Farro that I posted a few weeks back.


This recipe for Eat Your Greens Chickpea Medley comes from Oh She Glows, one of my favorite vegan blogs.  The recipe calls for both spinach and cilantro ground up and tossed with the chickpeas, but I might try basil instead of the cilantro as I have a lot of basil in my herb garden.  The dressing for this uses lime juice, olive oil, garlic and cumin.  Sounds yummy!  I'll let you know how it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment