Thursday, August 15, 2013

Day 232 -- Looking Back -- And Forward

Tomorrow is my birthday!  I won't say how old I am.  Old enough.  As the big day approaches, I've been thinking about the changes I've made in my life in the past year.

Last August 16th, I was pretty unhappy with myself.  I'd spent the summer feeling exhausted and sick and uncomfortable.  I was way too heavy and I began to wonder if I'd ever do anything about it.  Birthdays are always a time to reflect on the past year and the upcoming year and for the first time in many years, I have an optimistic outlook.


I've lost 74 pounds since the start of the year and I'm pretty happy with that.  I've been sitting at the same weight for about a month now, but I also haven't been focusing on diet as much as I should.  So I hope August 16th will be motivation to finish this thing.  The end of my "vegan year" is approaching more quickly every day.  And I'd like to lose at least another 40  pounds before the end of the year.  That's going to be a pretty tough thing.  So maybe I'll have two years as a vegan.

I have made one decision, though.  I won't be a strict vegan.  I'm going to try to eat vegan as much as I possibly can, at home and out when there are vegan option on the menu.  But I am going to eat fish occasionally and cheese when I have pizza.  Other than that, I think I should be able to stick to a vegan diet and be perfectly happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment