Saturday, February 2, 2013

Day 38 - My Favorite Kitchen Tool

Since I've been hanging out in my kitchen a lot lately, I've been working on arranging and culling and tossing various items that I've collected over the years.  There are some kitchen tools that I could never, ever give up.  Of course, my knives are on the top of the list.  I've always spent money on good knives and they make cooking so much easier.  I hope someday to purchase this --



It's a Minosharp 440 knife sharpener.  Unlike those guys on Top Chef, I'm not coordinated enough to use one of those sharpeners that looks like a cattle prod.  I need something that's kind of foolproof.  My dream is to be able to sharpen a knife whenever it needs sharpening.   Right now, I'm forced to wait  for the knife and scissors sharpening guy who visits my local fabric store twice a year.  

Though I do rhapsodize about sharp knives,  by far my favorite kitchen tool is this little jem.  It's called a JarPop and it's available through Sears.  My sister bought this for me one Christmas from the Container Store and I've found them at Bed Bath and Beyond, but I'm not sure either store still carries  them.  It catchs under the lip of a jar top and with a lift, you can pop the vacuum and the jar opens.  For my rather weak hands, this comes in so handy.  I've given the JarPop to friends and family as gifts and for a single gal, it's a lifesaver.  At $4.99, it's perfect as a stocking stuffer or a party favor.   With the JarPop, that jar of pickles you so desperately need to open will open -- without the help of a man.


No comments:

Post a Comment