Saturday, February 9, 2013

Day 45 -- Jimmy Johns, Two Bake Sales And No Time To Cook

Up until today, my new vegan lifestyle had been running quite smoothly.  But an overabundane of work responsibilities have thrown my routine into chaos.  I haven't had time to cook, so I've been surviving on veggie burgers with ketchup, pickles and onions.  For breakfast, lunch and dinner.  No time for snacks.

I could deal with this little bump in the road, but along with this, I also faced two (soon to be three) big challenges.  Yesterday afternoon, I fetched sub sandwiches for a group I was working with.  Jimmy Johns smells just as good as I remember.  And I was tempted to order a veggie sub.  But in the end, I stuck to my guns and walked out with 15 yummy subs . . . for 15 people who were not me.


Tonight (and tomorrow) I'm working a bake sale for about an hour.  Cupcakes, cookies.  BROWNIES.  I handled all of them and managed to consume nothing more than a bottle of water.  There was the crumb from a brownie that I picked up and almost put in my mouth, but then I stopped myself.  

So, I just want to say, to Jimmy Johns, brownies and drive-in cheeseburgers with ketchup, pickles and onions, maybe I'll be seeing you in 320 days.  For now, I'll just admire, and smell you, from afar. 

No comments:

Post a Comment