Friday, February 8, 2013

Day 44 -- Why Try Chai?

Late  nights have always been a problem time for me.  I used to munch on anything and everything from between 8 pm and midnight.  I've managed to break myself of that habit.  Eating healthy foods has seemed to rid me of cravings and subsequent binge eating.  But I have developed another late night habit.  Before bed, I like to have a soy chai latte and a couple of fat-free whole wheat molasses cookies.  Cookies and milk!  You can find the recipe for the cookies on Day ?



My favorite chai mix is the Oregon Chai concentrate.  The sugar-free is perfect and though it contains a small bit of caffiene, it hasn't been enough to keep me up.  Mixed in equal parts with Silk Light soy milk, and microwaved for 2:30 and it's ready.   It really is a nice treat on a cold winter night.

It's funny how satisfying that simple cup of warmth can be.  Much more satisfying than a bag of chips or a couple candy bars.  And much healthier, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment