Thursday, February 21, 2013

Day 57 -- 8 Times 7 Is 56! Eight Weeks!

Eight weeks of eating vegan.  It's time for an update!  Though I started eating vegan to get healthier, one of the side-effects of getting healthy is losing weight.  In eight weeks, I've lost thirty pounds!

It's a little hard for me to believe since the only thing I'm really doing differently is cooking more.  In eight weeks, I've only eaten out once.  Instead, I cook at home.  I've made numerous new dishes, tried foods I've never tasted before, and developed a few new habits.  I haven't really had any cravings that I couldn't resist and though I've wondered what a donut or a grilled cheese sandwich or a rotisserie chicken might taste like, I haven't acted on those thoughts.  Oh, and I haven't exercised.  Not once.



I'm perfectly satisfied eating what I'm eating.  In fact, I'm glad to be eating what I'm eating because I can eat as much of it as I want without feeling guilty -- or sick to my stomach.  And I've noticed that my taste buds now crave a different set of tastes.  Instead of fat, they crave the rich taste of mushrooms or the spicy taste of ancho chili powder, the tangy taste of balsamic vinegar or the tart taste of a Pink Lady apple.

My acid reflux is gone which has improved my sleep.  My energy has increased.  As I lose weight, I can be more active.  And overall, I feel better physically, which makes me feel better emotionally.  I set a goal to stick with veganism for a year before I re-evaluate.  Right now, I'm not sure I ever want to eat any other way.  So, that's me, after eight weeks -- happier, healthier and surprisingly -- not hungry!

1 comment:

  1. With bistroMD you can rest assured that you will not only eat tasty entrees, but that every entree and every day in bistroMD's weight loss programs will be balanced to bistroMD's designed nutritional platform to promote healthy weight loss.

    STEP 1 - Select one of the diet plans for 5 to 7 days of entrees.
    STEP 2 - See your menu before ordering and pick the meals you want for each day and week.
    STEP 3 - Order your diet plan online.
    STEP 4 - Your entrees are sent to your door.

    GET STARTED NOW - home delivery.

    ReplyDelete