Friday, February 15, 2013

Day 51 -- Can I Do This For A Year?

After 50 days of eating vegan, I have no doubt that I can continue to eat like this for another 315 days. The first fifty have just flown by.  What I worry about is whether I can think of enough subjects to write about in this blog.  I've had a few busy weeks and haven't had much time to cook.  And without new dishes to talk about, I find myself searching for subjects.



I don't seem to have any trouble finding recipes I want to cook.  I have a 75 page document on my computer than contains all the recipes I've cooked or want to cook -- or bake.  And I'm finding more each day.  Fat-Free Vegan Kitchen is a favorite source and so is The Post Punk Kitchen.  And now that friends know I'm eating vegan, they send me recipes.  I'm surprised at how many people I know have recently moved to plant-based diets.  My sister (who probably would be a vegan if not for her love of boiled eggs and her hatred for the gaseous effects of legumes) searches out obscure blogs and passes along at least one recipe a week.

Right now, I have spaghetti sauce with roasted mushrooms simmering on the stove.  Beside it is a pot of Brussels Sprouts with Shitake Mushroom Soup (Day 46). Wheatberries are cooking in the rice cooker for my Wheatberry and Wild Rice Salad (Day 3).  And tomorrow, I'm determined to try a new recipe instead of making the Japanese Curry With Edamame (Day 26)  that I've been craving.  I will try something new, I will try something new, I will try something new.  Tune in tomorrow to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment