Monday, February 11, 2013

Day 47-- A Vegan Binge

It took until Day 47 to experience my first vegan binge.  In my former life as an omnivore, I used to binge all the time.  First, my definition of binging.  Eating and not stopping.  I used to do it with chips and dips, pints of Ben and Jerry's, bags of crackers or packages of cookies.  Sometimes it would be bags of candy.  Whatever it was, I'd just continue eating until it was gone or I decided to stop.



Tonight, I had to pull an all-nighter to finish a work project and I was tired and hungry and didn't have anything decent to eat-- except for a container of molasses cookies and a box of JJ Flats 7 Grain Crackers.  And thus began my vegan binge.  I ate all nine cookies and the entire package of crackers.  Add to this the fact that all I ate before this -- for three days straight -- were veggie burgers..  Did I feel guilty?  Yes.  Did I beat myself up over it?  No.  Because everything I ate was whole grain and fat-free.

I don't expect that I'll be doing this again soon, because I plan to do a lot of cooking this week to restock my fridge with good and healthy food.  But it did show me that careful menu planning and lots of yummy leftovers go a long way towards making a healthy diet.  And that old habits can pop up again at the most surprising times.

Day 47.  That wasn't too bad.  If I can wait until Day 94 for my next vegan binge, then I'll be happy.  


1 comment:

  1. With bistroMD you know that you will not only eat tasty entrees, but that every meal and every day in bistroMD's weight loss programs will be balanced to bistroMD's designed nutritional platform that helps promote an healthy diet.

    STEP 1 - Select one of the weight loss plans for 5 to 7 days of meals.
    STEP 2 - Review your menu before ordering and pick the meals you desire for each day and week.
    STEP 3 - Order your diet plan online.
    STEP 4 - Your entrees are delivered to your door.

    TRY IT NOW - delivered to your home.

    ReplyDelete