Sunday, March 3, 2013

Day 67 -- Out To Eat -- For The Second Time

Fifty days ago, on Day 17, I went out to eat for dinner.  And tonight, I went out again.  Oddly, I dined with the same friend in the same restaurant.  But after 67 days on my new eating plan, my perspective was markedly different.

Last time, I ate a salad (that was pretty unremarkable) and brought my own dressing along.  I drank water with my meal and was happy to escape without indulging in the chips and salsa.  Tonight, I ate the chips and salsa, drank a margarita, and  ordered the portobello mushroom fajitas. Three flour tortillas, sizzling veggies with a sweet and hot "voodoo" sauce, pico di gallo, guacamole and lettuce.  No meat, no dairy, but definitely some fat.



So, how do I feel?  Not guilty.  If I only go out to eat once every 50 days, I can afford to eat like this when I do.  But now that I'm home, I am feeling some odd rumblings in my tummy.  And I'm very sleepy. It was such a treat that it was well worth the extra fat that came along with the meal.  I figure I ate about 25 grams of fat between the flour tortillas, the grilled veggies and the guacamole.  That's just over half of what someone on a 1500 calorie diet would get to enjoy.  So, overall, I came out it pretty well.  Fifty days from now, I'll be on day 117.  It will be almost the end of April and spring will be here!  A perfect occassion to celebrate completing almost a third of my year!  I'm looking forward to it.  In fact, I can hardly wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment