Friday, March 29, 2013

Day 93 -- Another Blog About A Blog

My sister, L, has a real nose for a good blog.  I'm not sure how she does it.  Maybe it's all those late nights browsing the web or maybe she just has some sixth sense, but today she steered me to a wonderful vegan blog called "Oh She Glows."

So many of the recipes look like they're exactly what I'd want to eat so the blog writer, Angela Liddon, and I must have similar taste in flood.  I was particularly interested in her Creamy Pumpkin Smoothie.  I've always thought of smoothies as fruit-based -- or made of some unappetizing greens.  But a pumpkin smoothie sounds like a liquid version of pumpkin pie.  That's the kind of veggie smoothie I can get behind.

I also copied a recipe for Cozy Millet Bowl with Mushroom Gravy and Kale.  Of course, the word gravy was all it took to pique my interest.  I'm going to try this as well, but I'll substitute quinoa for the millet, since I have a lot of quinoa in my pantry.


Who could possibly resist this?  I'm off to the grocery store and will report back after I've enjoyed both of these new recipes!

ETA:  This recipe was fabulous -- but I didn't exactly make it the way it was intended.  First of all, I lost my kale somewhere between the produce department and home.  So this became a mushroom gravy sans kale. And I decided against millet and substituted whole wheat rotini.  I topped it off with a dollop of vegan sour cream and it became Mushroom Stroganoff and it was YUMMY!  I'll definitely try this one again.  The Crimini mushrooms were so good and this was very savory for a vegan dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment