Saturday, March 16, 2013

Day 80 -- When Life Interferes With Blogging -- And Eating

Yes, I do have a life.  A life that sometimes gets in the way of sitting down and writing this blog.  Though it will be posted as my Friday blog, I'm actually writing it on Sunday afternoon.  Thankfully, Google blogs work as a little time machine and I can go back in time and pretend that I've been posting every day for eighty -- yes, eighty! -- days.

Along with blogging, cooking also takes a backseat.  But eating doesn't.  This last week, I learned that the best way to get through the busy times, is to pack and go.  Fruit works best, of course.  But one of the great things about vegan dishes is that they don't need to be refrigerated.  I can pack a grain salad or veggie sandwich in my bag and eat it three or four hours later without having to worry about it spoiling. Without eggs, diary or meat, the chance of food poisoning are pretty slim.



So now that I'm packing a lunch, or dinner, I think I'm going to have to find a suitable lunchbox.  Something fashionable that will hold a Thermos.  Maybe Wonder Woman.  I wonder if she was a vegan?  Anyone know?    


No comments:

Post a Comment