Saturday, March 9, 2013

Day 73 -- I Like Sandwiches!

One of the things that I don't eat much of in my new vegan lifestyle is sandwiches.  Sandwiches have always been made of meat, cheese and bread, and maybe some mustard and mayo.  But I've found some decent bread alternatives, that it's about time I started adding sandwiches back into the mix.  So tonight, I roasted up some red onions, red peppers and cauliflower slabs and then put them on a whole grain bun with some roasted red pepper hummus and some sliced black olives.  It was heaven!  Who needs roast beef and cheese?  I drizzled a little balsamic over the veggies before I put them in the oven and that added a nice tang to the sandwich.


I wish I had a place to get some really good whole grain baguettes because that would make the sandwich even better.  For now, I'll just have to do with my Ezekial bread or my little Brownberry Ovens whole grain sandwich flats.  Toasting the bread makes enough crunch to hold up to the softer roasted veggies.  And next time, I'm going to put some greens on the sandwich.  I promise!

ETA:  I didn't realize that Day 73 puts me exactly 20% through my 365 day year.  Wow!  It's hard to believe that I've gotten that far.

No comments:

Post a Comment