Thursday, March 7, 2013

Day 71 -- Unhealthy Healthy Eating

Is it possible to follow a healthy eating plan and still be eating in an unhealthy way?  I think it might be.  And I think, lately, that's where I've been.  I'm carefully following a vegan diet, yet, becaue of my schedule, I haven't been achieving the right balance.



I eat no added fat, no meat, no dairy.  I'm losing weight, which is a huge part of getting healthier.  But lately, I've been existing on lots of veggie burgers on whole grain buns.  I've been skipping breakfast because I have things to do in the morning.  I haven't been eating greens, or food with lots of veggies or legumes in them.  I'm getting enough as far as grains go, and I have been eating a piece of fruit every day.  But in the whole scheme of things, I don't feel like I'm focussing on a good balance.

So even in the midst of this change to a healthy lifestyle, I've discovered that there's still work to be done.  When I don't have time to cook (or I just don't feel like cooking), I have to force myself to eat better.  I need to grab a salad and some fresh veggies along with my veggie burger.  I need to eat more fruit.  I have to drink more water and make sure to take my vitamins.  I know I can make better choices.  Tomorrow, I'm going to do some cooking and get myself back on track.  And, I'm going to eat some greens.  I swear I am.

1 comment:

  1. With bistroMD you can trust that not only will you get tasty meals, but that every meal and every day in bistroMD's weight loss programs will be balanced to bistroMD's custom nutritional platform that helps promote healthy diets.

    STEP 1 - Select one of the diet plans for 5 or 7 days of meals.
    STEP 2 - See your menu before ordering and pick the entrees you would like for each day and week.
    STEP 3 - Order your weight loss program online.
    STEP 4 - Your meals are delivered to your door.

    TRY IT NOW - delivered to your home.

    ReplyDelete