Friday, May 3, 2013

Day 128 -- My Microwave Can Make WHAT????

I've never used my microwave for anything but warming up food and drink.  I'm well aware that you can actually cook with it -- wait, I have made rice in my microwave -- but I've never really explored that side of the appliance.  But now, I may have to look at my microwave a little differently.  I found two recipes that sound very interesting.

Both recipes come from a new blog I discovered called Foodgal.  The first is an English Muffin Bread that you can bake in the microwave!  And the second is a recipe for Microwave Potato Chips.  Since I don't really eat a lot of bread anymore, I thought I'd give the Microwave Potato Chips a try, except I wanted to try sweet potato chips.


The great thing about this recipe is that it doesn't use a lot of fat -- just a spray of cooking oil -- and you've got a crispy, crunchy treat.  I"ll report back on how these taste.  The English Muffin Bread will have to wait until later.  Now, if only my microwave could load the dishwasher.  Then it would be my best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment