Friday, May 17, 2013

Day 141 -- I Guess It Had To Happen Sooner Or Later

I have now finished twenty weeks as a vegan and over these past twenty weeks, I've lost 57 pounds.  But this week, I didn't lose a pound.  Now, in all honesty, I haven't been as vigilant about watching what I eat.  I've been eating vegan and mostly low-fat vegan.  I've eaten out a few times and enjoyed some drinks.  And I did have a major pig-out last Sunday, a day that I spent eating everything I could find in the house -- all vegan, all low-fat, but more calories than I usually eat in three days.  I think I ate at least eight meals that day.



Since I told myself at the beginning of this vegan adventure, that I wasn't going to watch what I eat as long as it was healthy and vegan, I can't be upset with myself.  Everything I ate was wonderfully healthy.  However, I haven't been getting as much protein as I should lately.  I haven't been eating my greens or my beans.  So, I need to get those back in my diet and maybe I won't be tempted to have another Sunday vegan binge.  I think balance is the key and I definitely have't been balanced.  I reach the halfway mark in my year as a vegan in just six weeks -- June 27th!  It's hard to believe that after that date, I'm on the downward side of the curve.  Now is no time to give up on good health.  

No comments:

Post a Comment