Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Day 145 -- Iced Mocha Latte -- Yum!

I love to discover new "treats."  Since I don't eat a lot of sweets anymore, I don't have the option of scarfing down three or four brownies or a bunch of Keebler E.L. Fudge cookies or a half-pint of Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia ice cream.  Sometimes, I have my favorite fat-free whole wheat molasses cookies at hand.  But, when I don't, I settle for a Oregon Chai latte.  Hot in the winter, iced in the summer.

I recently discovered that Oregon Chai also makes a convenient espresso concentrate that can be mixed with my favorite milk of the day.  Packaged under the Oregon Cafe brand, it comes in three flavors-- vanilla, mocha and caramel.  I've been bouncing between almond milk and coconut milk lately, though soy milk is my choice when I go out to a coffee shop.  But when mixed with hot or cold milk, this concentrate makes a treat that's a great substitute for a trip to the coffee shop.


I have to say that since I started eating vegan, I'm much less addicted to sugar.  Though this concentrate does have a lot of sugar in it, it's not something I drink every day.  It's just a fun treat to have occasionally!    

1 comment:

  1. 3 Studies REVEAL How Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    This means that you literally get rid of fat by consuming Coconut Fats (also coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 researches from big medical journals are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world upside down!

    ReplyDelete