Sunday, May 5, 2013

Day 129 -- You Can't Outrun Your Fork

Once again, my friend E posted a little tidbit that caught my eye and I just had to write about it.


Now, the first thing I love about this is that, according to this meme, I'm at least 80% fit.  I'm not a big one for exercise.  In truth, I hate exercise.  And it's nice to know that my efforts to eat healthy will have a more profound effect on my fitness than any attempts I make at exercise.   Yes, I do want to start exercising, but I'm going to focus on things that make me limber instead of things that get my heart pounding.  I'd like to try yoga because I think that's something that will complement my eating plan.  I'm also going to start lifting weights for my arms because the weight loss has given me some serious batwings.  And then, I want to exercise via recreation -- things that are fun to do.  I'll walk places I need to go rather than just go out walking for exercise.  But you won't see me running or hitting the gym anytime soon.  That has never worked for me in the past and it certainly won't now.  I find that way too boring.

I also love the last little bit -- You can't outrun your fork.  So very true.  It can mean that no amount of exercise, including running, will mitigate a diet filled with junk food. Or it can also mean what you put in your mouth stays with you.  It becomes part of your body and your being.  I'm satisfied that I'm doing good things for my body by eating well and I don't have to outrun my fork.  Good thing, because I really hate exercise.  Especially running.

BTW, I did come across another 80-20 rule on the Livestrong website.  This has to do with eating right 80 percent of the time and cheating on your diet 20 percent of the time.  I'll talk about that one later.

1 comment:

  1. With bistroMD you know that you will not only receive tasty meals, but that every entree and each in bistroMD's weight loss program will be balanced to bistroMD's custom nutritional platform that helps promote healthy weight loss.

    STEP 1 - Select one of the weight loss plans for 5 or 7 days of meals.
    STEP 2 - See your menu before ordering and decide on the meals you would like for each day and week.
    STEP 3 - Order your diet plan online.
    STEP 4 - Your meals are delivered to your door.

    GET STARTED NOW - home delivery.

    ReplyDelete