Thursday, May 16, 2013

Day 140 - Superfood Breakfast Smoothie

I'm always on the lookout for new smoothie recipes.  Most vegans become experts at smoothie making over the course of years, but all this is new to me.  I'm still learning the best combinations to get the most nutrition into a 12 oz.glass.

I'm still searching for a way to get greens into my smoothie and still make it taste good.  That may take many years considering my aversion to eating greens.  But I came across this Bluebery-Chia Blaster smoothie recipe on the Vegetarian Times website and tried it and it was really good.  Plus it contains some important superfoods -- blueberries, organic non-GMO tofu, chia seeds and coconut milk.  This one is going in the recipe binder.  And since I have some silken tofu leftover, I'm going to be making this one for the rest of the week.  Of course, I did make a few changes to the recipe.  This is my version with the calorie/fat/protein counts behind each ingredient.  Calorie count is 260 with 12.5 grams of fat and 8 grams of protein.



Blueberry-Chia Breakfast Smoothie
Makes 12 oz./ 1 serving  

1 cup coconut milk beverage (unsweetened)  60/5/0
½ cup soft organic silken tofu  60/3/5
2 t. honey or vegan sweetener  40/0/0
1 T. chia seeds  60/4.5/3
½ cup  frozen blueberries  40/0/0

Add a few ice cubes and blend thoroughly.

1 comment:

  1. 3 Researches SHOW How Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    This means that you literally burn fat by eating Coconut Fat (also coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 researches from major medicinal magazines are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete