Sunday, May 26, 2013

Day 150 -- Five Months Down, Seven More To Go

I've just completed five months as a vegan.  It's hard to believe that much time has passed and I must say that I don't think I've ever stuck to anything with such dedication as I have to this diet.  I'm not sure why, but it doesn't seem to be much of a problem for me.  But there is one big deadline looming.  I promised myself that I'd start exercising after six months.  Until now, my exercise regime has resembled that of a cat.


So, I now have thirty days to decide exactly what I'm going to do for exercise.  My job involves sitting on my butt in front of a computer, so I can't count on getting any exercise while I'm working.  I do have one problem and that's my knees.  There's something wrong with the right one and the left one acts up every now and then.  Now, I'm not using that as an excuse because I can certainly walk.  But anything more strenuous could cause problems.  So, I guess I'm stuck with walking.  But I have another month left before I start with that.  In the meantime, I'm going to have to find some exercise clothes that fit me and maybe get an Ipod to keep me entertained. 

As for an update -- it's been five months and I've lost 60 pounds.  I've been stuck for a few weeks at the same weight, but I suspect that might be because I haven't been exercising.  Oh, well, maybe I'l have to start a little early.

No comments:

Post a Comment