Sunday, July 7, 2013

Day 193 -- A Nifty Little Gadget

It's cherry season and I love my cherries.  I'm waiting for the Rainier cherries to show up in the stores as they are my favorite fruit of all fruits.  But until then, I'm enjoying the black or Bing cherries in large quantities.



I decided I wanted to use cherries in a smoothie, but I didn't have anyway to pit them.  So today, with a trip to Bed, Bath and Beyond, I looked for a cherry pitter and found this one -- a Progressive Cherry-It Pitter.  It was about $15.00 and it is worth every penny.  You can pit four cherries at the time and it removes the pit very cleanly and they're collected in a little reservoir.

So, tomorrow morning, I'm going to enjoy my silken tofu and chia seed smoothie with cherries instead of blueberries.  Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment