Monday, July 29, 2013

Day 214 -- My Little Herb Garden -- Dill

The final herb in my little herb garden is dill.  I haven't used a lot of fresh dill and the reason I grew it was so I could use it to make refrigerator dill pickles.  I love the scent of dill and and the taste, so I searched for a recipe and found a recipe with roasted veggies!


I love roasted veggies.  I make them into sandwiches and I eat them over whole grains.  And I also love to have them over greens as a salad.  One of my favorite recipes is the Roasted Artichoke, Leek and Tomato Over Farro, a dish that I've made three or four times since I first tasted it a few weeks ago.

Now I have a new recipe to add to my book --  Roasted Vegetable Salad with Dill Dressing which I found on Straight Up Food.


This salad has a wonderful dressing made of fresh dill, avocado, tofu, and scallions.  The roasted veggies are golden beets, cherry tomatoes, bell peppers, red onion and zucchini.  Yum!  This also might be nice with a few roasted red potatoes.  I dug some fresh red potatoes from my father's garden so I'm going to add them to this dish and let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment