Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Day 208 -- The Wonderful Taste Of Fresh Food

My neighbor, T, brought me a container of watermelon chunks a few days ago.  The watermelon was perfectly ripe and sweet and juicy and it was one of the best things I've eaten in weeks.  I usually don't buy watermelon.  A whole watermelon is too big and when it's cut apart in the store, it's ridiculously expensive.  But this was a nice treat!



It's funny how the simplest foods suddenly taste so much better to me now that I eat mostly simple food.  My taste buds are no longer assaulted by salt and fat and all the chemicals in processed foods.  I'm not sure about the nutritional benefits of eating watermelon.  With all that water, I'm sure it's good for you but it's certainly not a superfood.  It is, however, a nice thing to have on a hot summer day.  And I think I'm going to make watermelon a part of my diet.



No comments:

Post a Comment