Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Day 104 -- This Time The Wagon Backed Over Me

A few days ago, I fell off the vegan wagon.  I ate a little bit of cheese.  Yesterday, I fell off the wagon again and it backed over me.  But this was all my own doing and I guess I really don't feel too bad about it.  No animals were harmed in my fall.

First, let me say that this all began with a dream -- or maybe it was a nightmare.  All I know was that I dreamed that I pigged out.  Went completely crazy.  In my dream, I was just gobbling up food left and right and all the people around me were unconcerned.  No one asked why I wasn't following my vegan eating plan.  No one seemed to care.  Which is probably quite true in reality.  I'm the only one who cares.

.


Then we move on to the next day.  I was very busy with work, away from home, and there wasn't much to eat in the fridge.  I didn't have time for breakfast and I was out of the house by 8:30 am, running errands and getting things done.  By lunchtime, I was starved.  So I stopped at my favorite restaurant, the one I've dined at twice since beginning this diet, and I had my favorite portobello mushroom fajitas.  Yum.  But I also gobbled up chips with spicy ranch dressing.  Yes, ranch -- as in made with milk.

Maybe it was the dream coming to life.  But the chips tasted really good and the ranch dressing was the perfect thing and I couldn't keep myself from eating them.  So even though I'm not a perfect vegan -- or technically a vegan at all -- I'm happy to be mostly, almost always, sorta-kinda-pretty diligent vegan.

No comments:

Post a Comment