Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Day 105 -- Wrap Me Up

For some odd reason, I seem fall victim to the impulse buy when it comes to bread products -- or reasonable facsimiles.  I've tried tortillas (corn and flour), little round flatbreads (Brownberry), wraps, whole grain crackers (J.J. Flats), and whole grain bread (Food For Life).  And today, I found another variation -- Flatout flatbread wraps.  You can see all the different varieties at their website.




The soft 100% Whole Wheat variety are just 100 calories and 1.5 grams of fat.  I tried a wrap tonight for dinner -- a little vegan chili that I had in the fridge, some arugula, a little vegan sour cream and a few Greek olives.  It was pretty good.  But I think the potential for this product lies in it's use as a pizza crust.  It's long and oval, much bigger and thicker than a tortilla.  So tomorrow, I'm going to give that a try.  Cheeseless, of course, though I do have some Daiya vegan cheese in the fridge that I've been saving for a special occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment