Sunday, April 14, 2013

Day 109 -- Back To The Plan!

After a hectic month, things are finally going to settle back down to a normal schedule.  And with that, I hope a normal eating plan.  I've done my best to maintain my vegan diet during this unusually busy time and on the whole, I've done a pretty good job.  I haven't gained any weight.  I've indulged in a few things that I probably shouldn't have.  But I've weathered the storm and come out healthy on the other side.

Now, I'm looking forward to doing a good shop, picking up some fresh veggies and fruits, and getting down to business again.  I'll have time to cook so there will be food in the fridge when I'm hungry.  The dishes will get done on time. And I'll slip back into my relaxed, home-bound routine.



I think back to how these busy times used to affect my diet.  Multiple MacDonald's runs, food that might be filling but totally unhealthy, late-night meals filled with fat and calories and then restless nights trying to digest all the processed food I ate.  The bad diet only added to the stress of the moment.  But this time around, I've been remarkably calm.  I haven't found myself overwhelmed and exhausted.  It's funny how a simple change in diet has such ripple effects on the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment