Friday, April 19, 2013

Day 114 -- The Big Five-Oh!

No, I didn't turn fifty!  It's not my birthday, although I feel like it is. I have officially lost fifty poundes.  I started on this vegan journey on December 27th and I'm coming up on four months of eating mostly vegan.  Four months and fifty pounds.  Wow, it's hard to believe.



There are so many little things that I can do now that I couldn't do four months ago.  I fit very nicely into a restaurant booth now.  My old clothes are incredibly baggy and I'm starting to dig into the pile of clothes that I haven't worn in years.  I had to buy a new bra today because the old one was just not doing the job.  And I'm so much more active now.

I've settled into a life that doesn't revolve around food.   Though I've occasionally strayed from my rather strict eating plan, I've never lapsed into a full-fledged binge.  I'm able to control my eating now like I never was before.  I/m no longer an emotional eater.  In truth, there are times when I actually forget to eat.  I really think that all the fat and processed food fed an addiction.  And now that I'm not addicted anymore, there'sno craving for those foods.  I don't know if I'll ever figure it all out.  But my bathroom scale is no longer my enemy.  I kind of look forward to watching the dial go down little by little.

No comments:

Post a Comment