Sunday, June 2, 2013

Day 157 -- Pizza With Cheese Is Not Vegan!

Yes, I will admit it here.  I strayed.  And it was very deliberate.  I had lunch with a friend who I see only a few times a year and we'd planned the lunch a few weeks ago.  We usually go out for pizza and the last time we went was a few weeks before I decided to eat vegan.  I had  the choice to order my pizza without cheese, but I figured, what the hell.  I'd been thinking about pizza for two weeks and I was going to have pizza.  And it was so good!



Now, you'd think I'd feel guilty about this but I'm not exactly an ethical vegan.  I could very easily be an ethical vegetarian, because I'm pretty okay with cheese and dairy products.  I'm still on the fence about eggs though I have had exactly two prior big lapses and about five other smaller lapses (ranch dressing on tortilla chips at my favorite restaurant).  I never thought I'd be able to make it for an entire year as a strictly strict vegan.  I expected that there might be a few little lapses along the way.  But I'm pretty proud of what I've managed to do so far.  Five months ago, I was a committed meat eater and now, I've managed to stick to a vegan diet 98% of the time.

So, thank you, J, for the fun lunch.  And for giving me that chance to eat a little dairy!

No comments:

Post a Comment