Monday, June 24, 2013

Day 180 -- Slaw And Order -- Part One

This is the slaw part of the post.  The order part will come tomorrow.

One of my favorite pre-vegan salads was the broccoli slaw and ramen noodle salad.  You know the one, with the packaged broccoli slaw, crunched up ramen, almonds or sunflower seeds, green onions and lots of sesame oil and cider vinegar and sugar?  Yeah, that one.  It's still perfectly vegan, unless there's some secret dairy or meat in the ramen noodles.  But the oil makes it a bad choice for me right now.  So I was really excited to find this new recipe for Broccoli Slaw With Pineapple Curry Dressing from one of my favorite blog sites, Fat Free Vegan Kitchen.

I'm  lucky because the blog writer, Susan Voisin, seems to have the same tastes in food as I do.  If she likes it, I generally do too!  So, I'm going to give this recipe a try this week.  It's got a lot of my favorite flavors in it.  But unlike Susan, I'm going to use packaged broccoli slaw and instead of grapes, I might use golden raisins or craisins.

BTW, isn't broccoli slaw just the most ingenious invention.  Take all the tough stems and leftovers from broccoli florets, shredd them up with a little cabbage and some carrots and sell it as slaw!  It is a great way to eat broccoli!  

No comments:

Post a Comment