Monday, June 10, 2013

Day 166 -- It's Cherry Time!

And it's my favorite time of the year -- cherry time!  I can't tell you how much I look forward to seeing that first bag of cherries in the grocery store.  And this last week I had a choice of two varieties, dark red (almost black) and bing cherries  I bought three pounds of dark red cherries and they were so incredibly delicious that I'd be willing to put them on my top five favorite foods list!



I can hardly wait until Ranier cherries are available.  They are the best of  best in my opinion.  So sweet and crisp and pretty to look at.  One thing I need to buy is a cherry pitter so I can try to incorporate cherries into a few recipes.  Right now, I just eat them right out of a bowl, but I'm sure I could find some way to bake them into a delicious vegan treat.  That's my mission tomorrow.  Bed, Bath and Beyond and a cherry pitter.  And the grocery store for another three pounds of cherries.

No comments:

Post a Comment