Sunday, June 9, 2013

Day 165 -- Juan Canary, Spanish Movie Star or Exotic Melon?

I couldn't resist.  This always happens when I'm searching for subject matter for this blog.  I scour the grocery store looking for something interesting to eat.  And what did I find a few days ago, but a Juan Canary melon!   Exotic fruits can be so interesting to taste and I was really looking forward to this new treat.



The rind of the melon is bright yellow, exactly the color of canary.  And the flesh is the same color as a pear.  The taste is somewhere between a honey dew and a cantaloupe.  This is a fairly common melon in Asia and Japan and it was pretty yummy.  The store had a few other "variety" melons on sale right next to this one, so I'm going to give another one a try!  

No comments:

Post a Comment