Saturday, June 29, 2013

Day 185 -- Getting Erotic With Kale

I've just gotten to know kale and now I'm expected to massage it?  There are many things I will do for food but I think this might be going just a little too far.

I recently came across a wonderful summer salad -- Kale and Quinoa Salad with Black Beans -- on one of my favorite sites, Fat Free Vegan Kitchen.  I was immediately attracted to this recipe (can I be attracted to kale, is that why I should want to massage it?) because it included the three nutritional biggies.  Grains, beans and greens.  A completely wonderful nutritional bowl of goodness -- that required me to massage the kale.


So this is on the agenda today.  Buy some kale, massage it a little bit and then eat it.  However, if I don't feel like getting that close to my kale, the recipe does say that I can steam the kale for two minutes to tenderize it, which I think is a better alternative than sticking my hands in a bowl of greens and dressing and rubbing.

Oh, and I also found this recipe for Massaged Kale Salad with Sweet Potatoes and Pumpkin Seed Dressing on the same site.  This looks really good too!  Maybe I'll have to make two kale salads.  I suppose I can't get enough kale.

No comments:

Post a Comment