Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Day 160 -- Dreams Of Cheese

This is my third post in a row about cheese.  Does it seem like I'm obsessed?  Well, maybe I am.  Parmesan cheese, cheddar cheese, cream cheese.  I ate cheese on pizza the other day and I would have ordered cheesecake for dessert but they didn't have desserts at the pizza parlor.  (Thank you, George Takei, for the meme.) 
  


I guess I never realized how much I enjoyed cheese until I had to give it up.  It's such an important part of so many dishes.  What would grilled cheese sandwiches be without the cheese?  I decided to answer that question today and open the package of Daya cheddar cheese-like shreds.  A little Earth Balance butter-like spread and some whole grain bread and I was on my way.

First impression wasn't great.  Something smelled a little fishy.  Was it the margerine?  Or the cheese?  Or the bread.  I wasn't sure, but I decided to proceed with caution.  The "cheese" did melt as the package promised but it laid between the bread like a thin slice of cold Velveeta, kind of rubbery and shiny and a bit slimy.  It didn't have a strong taste so had it not looked like cheese, I'm not sure I would have made the connection.

Over all

No comments:

Post a Comment