Monday, June 17, 2013

Day 173 -- One Cheeseburger. Just One!

I spent the weekend cheese-cheating.  I even ate some butter on some tasty garlic bread and in a couple of yummy almond croissants from Peet's Coffee.  But I was visiting my sister and having a great time and just didn't want to sit on my vegan high-horse and watch what I ate.  So, I didn't fall off my horse, I jumped off.  Over and over and over again!


That was the weekend.  But the worst came today.  On my way home, I ran a few errands in a nearby town which happens to be home to my former favorite drive-in restaurant.  They make the very best flame-grilled burgers and serve them on hard rolls with a dollop of butter -- not very vegan, I'm afraid.  I've been thinking about breaking my vegan diet to have one of these cheeseburgers just once this summer, since it is such a traditional part of my summer.  It didn't take me long to decide that today would be as good a day as any to indulge.

Strangely enough, I enjoyed it, but not nearly as much as I thought I would.  And I just had one -- followed by a kiddie-size Dairy Queen ice cream cone!  All right, enough cheating.  I'd hoped to have lost 70 pounds by June 27, just 10 days from now.    I'm about 6 lbs short of that goal, so I'm going to have to do some serious veganating between now and my deadline.  My other goal is to lose 85 pounds by my birthday in mid-August.  That's actually still possible, but for the next few months, I'm going to have to be very, very diligent!

No comments:

Post a Comment