Friday, June 28, 2013

Day 184 -- Chow Down On Chowdah!

I've been finding some very good sweet corn at the market lately.  I usually eat it right off the cob, steamed, with a spritz of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray and some sea salt and freshly ground pepper.  In my pre-vegan days, one of my favorite ways to make corn was to pull the husks back and tie them to make a handle.  Then toss them on the grill to brown.  When they're done brush them with mayo (yes! I said mayo) and sprinkle with parmesan cheese and a little chili powder and serve with lime wedges.  For those of you who can still eat mayo (not vegan, boo, hoo) I'd highly recommend this recipe.



The next time I buy corn, I'm going to try this Garden Corn Chowder With Basil And Chives recipe that I found on Post Punk Kitchen.  I've made corn chowder before, but always with cans of creamed corn and frozen corn.  But I've learned that fresh is always best, so even though it's summer, I'm going to make soup.  And I just happen to have fresh basil and chives in my little herb garden!  

No comments:

Post a Comment